Sunday, March 22, 2009

Life Is Just Good

What a wonderful Sunday... I love going to Church and then coming home really feeling like I am a better person for going to church that day. Today was one of those days. So, school is back on the schedule for tomorrow and I am feeling pretty sad about that but, church today just made me feel so good. We had ward conference and my Bishop and my Stake President both spoke to us. Talk about spiritual overload... those are amazing men. I just love my Stake President... every time he speaks, I learn something and I feel the spirit so strong. And my awesome Bishop... is just amazing. every time I see him, he comes over and shakes my hand and asks me how I am doing. Most of the time I just say that I am good. Today though he asked my how I was doing to which I replied, " I am doing OK Bishop," then he asked me the million dollar question, "Are you happy?" When he asked that I just had to giggle a little bit. My answer was as follows:
ME: "I am mostly happy... is that an okay answer?
BISHOP: "That's better than lots of other people, Brittain, so yes, that is a good answer."
He just makes me feel so good. I know that he is a man called of God. If someone can make you feel okay about just being average, that is a wonderful person. My Bishop does that. I just love him!
This week my family is going to go to the Temple to do Baptisms for the dead, and I am so Excited!!! My wonderful mother has been working really hard to do some of our genealogy and we have bunches of family names to go take care of! YAY!!! It is going to be so wonderful.

So, this week is going to be awesome despite the fact that I have a huge geology test on Wednesday that I have to study for and I have homework due tomorrow that I have not done and that I actually have to go to school at all and I have to entertain 10 seven year olds on Wednesday for a Dr. Seuss Birthday Party and I am totally not ready for it... BECAUSE... I get to go to the temple with my family... AND... on a more worldly note... the fourth book in the Fablehaven series comes out on Tuesday and I get to go meet the author (Brandon Mull) on Thursday and get all my books signed.... AND!!!!! It's Braden's birthday on Friday!!!!! My little bro is going to be 18 years old... that is so scary....

So yeah... life is just good... not fantastically great... but good : )

No comments: