So, here is this week's funny story:
On Tuesday it was just me and another guy at work who were closing, his name is Ray. At around 7 Ray decided that he wanted some snacks so he went down to the dollar store that is just a few doors down form us in our little strip mall. He came back with some chips and these awful chocolate chip cookies. Now, we knew they were awful because we had eaten them before and they were only edible once we warmed them up. So, being the innovative person I fancy myself to be, I decided that we should put the cookies in the toaster oven to warm them up. So I did... I put them right on the rack and set the toaster oven on "light" and let it go. When the thing dinged to let us know the cookies were done, we ate them and they tasted really good! So, I decided to put some more in, 4 this time. I set the toaster on the exact same setting, same time and everything, and let it go. I think I went to clean up the imprinting table or something... the door to the break room was closed because our toaster oven is really good at making the whole store smell like burnt food... one lady actually asked my one time if the store was on fire when we had it one a few months ago... haha.. fire... yeah right.... So when I went back into the break room Tuesday night to get the cookies, I opened the door only to notice that one of the cookies in the toaster oven WAS ON FIRE!!! No joke... the cookie actually had flames on it... HAHAHAHA!! So I go right over and try to decide what to do, not that there were a whole lot of options at this point, so I blew out the fire and proceeded to spray Febreeze around the store in an effort to stop it all form smelling like the charcoal cookies I had just cleaned up...
So, moral of the story? Don't put dollar store cookies right on the rack of your toaster oven... unless you are a fan of the pyrotechnics that will proceed from the action!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
HAHAHHA Oh dear Brittain!!! This is one of the funniest/awesome things I have ever heard!! haha. I love you!
Post a Comment