Tuesday, January 12, 2010

That's Not What Gardens Are For

To Whom It May Concern,

Tonight I was watching an episode of "Star-Trek: The Next Generation" and I saw something that really made me laugh out loud. The crew of the Enterprise found this planet that had life forms on it that were remarkably similar to humans. Supposedly, these people were perfect in every way, and they happened to be very fond of... well... love making...
At one point in the episode, the "Away Team" who were sent down to explore the planet walked into this garden were many of the planets inhabitants were... spending time together. As they walked through the garden pavilion, I counted no less than SIX couples laying on lawn chairs playing tongue tag. Usually I just turn my head and say "Is this a kissing show??" when I witness scenes like this... but for some reason this scene made me laugh out loud. I mean, really people. You are on this beautiful planet, in a spa setting (LITERALLY!!) and all you can figure out to do is make out with each other... HA! People... that is NOT what gardens are for. So thank you to the silly people who wrote this nonsense episode of Star-Trek. Today you made me laugh : )

No comments: